My Finds of The Day ~







I found out today that I can and did survive another Linda onslaught.   It wasn't pleasant, nor was she, nor was I.  


I found out something about myself today.....that is, when something is on my mind, I take it to the street.  (something Linda tells me I must never do again)




What I remember  about the morning accusations was Linda ranting that  I make her look like a mad, crazy woman.....to which I replied that only she could do that to herself. 




I remember that she went on (as a  mad, crazy woman might) continuing  to accuse me of calling her a bigot in the previous blog...and she is right about that.  I came home and gave  the accusation more thought, especially since she threatened me with a libel/slander lawsuit.  You see, I guess  not being a bigot is some serious business.


In my usual research style, I started out asking Mr. Google and Mrs. Siri for word definitions and found both generally agreed that -
  •  Bigot defined:  a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her opinion and   prejudices - especially one who regards the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.  
  •  Bigotry defined:  intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself.  
I found out today that I'm a bigot by definition and that I practice bigotry, Linda,  because I have been most intolerant of your intolerance toward the quilts of Gee's Bend.  Now, there you have it. Linda....we can meet in the sparring ring for many a day.  However, I would rather be looking at quilts....let us both give it a try, rejoicing in the difference of each and every quilt maker and be appreciative of their quilt style.  Let us appreciate the background, the life style, the inspiration and even the lack of resources of so many quilt makers. 


So, here is my quilt find of the day...a photo from my trip to The Modern Quilt Guild Show....more commonly called QuiltConEast, 2017, Savannah. 




Quilt made by an African quiltmaker (Siddi), India seen on display in Savannah QuiltCon 2017






I was enthralled by the construction and use of fabric in each quilt displayed.   Here is just one of several articles I found this morning.....Soulful History:  Patchwork Quilts by Africans (Siddis) in India. 






TTFN









1 comment :

  1. You changed the name in your previous blog post. How could she think she could threaten you with a lawsuit? No stop telling the truth.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...