Still celebrating The Quilt Festival.....Houston 2017



I make all the kids in my family Christmas gifts each year.  2017 began with pillowcase love, so that's what each will receive.   My original idea was to pin each child's pillowcase with a "sweet dreams" card which may or may not include money.....depending on the amount of naughty or nice they've been the past year!

Change of plans:  As I was shifting paper into recycle yesterday morning, I ran into The Festival program and had a voila moment.....why not use my time and talent to make each child a cute little origami box to slip the cash into! 

Quilt Festival Program paper for origami gift box

Quilt Festival Program paper for origami gift box


Not only will they each get a handmade pillowcase, but also  a handmade gift box to hold their money gift.  You see, I'm still celebrating Quilt Festival - I took glossy pages from the Festival program and made 16 little origami boxes yesterday. 




Origami-  folded paper gift boxesOrigami-  folded paper gift boxes


Origami-  folded paper gift boxes
 
I folded that glossy paper, refolded, then folded again to the finished number
 
Origami-  folded paper gift boxes
 
Let the holiday season begin....it sure has here at my house
and I'm loving it!
 
 
 

5 comments :

  1. Ohhhhhhh! I have gift cards that would be perfect in one of those adorable boxes! Wow, you are pretty clever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad I could help with those gift box ideas.....thank you very much and thanks for your visit here on the blog today.

      Delete
  2. Marty, you amaze me! And gosh darn it, I just recycled my Houston program yesterday. . .but what a terrific idea, thanks! (kelly)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for the catalog! I love your little origami boxes. Honestly 16 is quite a few (not sure I have that many in me) but I could use a couple for gift cards--thanks Glen and Marty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, I just kept folding and re-folding until it became a mantra until all were completed......thank goodness I ran out of nieces and nephews....whew!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by...